The event was known as off as a consequence of stormy weather circumstances and the groups had been leaving the pitch when the lightning bolt hit him.
A person in his 50s was additionally hit by the lightning and has been taken to hospital.
The information has led many to marvel what occurs when an individual is struck by lightning, what the probabilities of it taking place are, and how one can keep away from it.
What are the probabilities of being struck by lightning?
Consultants don’t fairly agree on what the percentages of being struck by lightning are.
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents says 30 to 60 individuals get struck by lightning in Britain annually, which might place the percentages to be lower than one in one million.
Nevertheless, some specialists counsel that it’s extra doubtless than that, with the percentages being extra like one in 300,000.
Both method, whereas the probabilities are immensely low, the frequent saying of individuals being extra prone to be struck by lightning than to win the Nationwide Lottery jackpot is true.
What occurs if you happen to’re struck by lightning?
If an individual is struck by lightning, they should obtain emergency medical assist as quickly as they will.
If a number of individuals have been struck, the recommendation is to take care of those that are unconscious first, as they are going to be on the biggest danger of dying.
Whereas the affected person might seem useless and haven’t any pulse or present indicators of respiration, they will nonetheless be revived with CPR. So, it is crucial for anybody who is aware of methods to do CPR to try it instantly.
Those that have been injured by the strike however stay aware may undergo burns, wounds, and fractures, which medical professionals might want to tackle.
Tips on how to keep away from being struck by lightning
- Attempt to discover an indoor shelter as quickly as you may.
- If you’re caught outside, keep away from open fields, the tops of hills, and ridge tops.
- Keep away from tall, remoted bushes or different tall objects.
- If there’s a group of you, unfold out to keep away from the electrical present travelling between individuals ought to the lightning strike.
- Keep away from water, moist gadgets, and steel objects, as they may conduct electrical energy.
- When you’re in a automotive with a tough prime, say inside and maintain your home windows rolled up.
- Don’t go close to small sheds and partially roofed shelters like pavilions.
- Keep away from open home windows, sinks, bogs, showers, electrical home equipment, and electrical energy containers, as they may conduct electrical energy, too.
- Don’t use landlines until it’s an absolute emergency. The place you may, go for cellphones and cordless home telephones as a substitute.